Friday, July 10, 2020

The Boomers Came Back

The first night July 1st I thought it was those pesky kids that play out in my front yard.  Momma thought we were outta the woods on worrying over the boomers.  Then July 2nd they went off from 6 pm till 2 am.  It frightened me bad!  I took cover in every room momma went into and was shaking like a leaf.  After momma was done doing chores she scooped me up and we made a little blankie fort.  She put me in her lap, covered me wif a blankie, and then built a fort out of pillows to dampen the sounds.  

During a quiet moment momma lifted the fort and snapped my picture.  I was snoozin good!

The next nights Friday the 3rd, Saturday the 4th and Sunday the 5th boomers were shot off from about 8ish till midnight every night.  If I had to leave the comfort of my fort I sought shelter immediately.  Here I am hiding by da food bag.  It did nothing to dampen the sound. 

But upon my return to the fort I could sleep peacefully again

I truly don't understand why 4 times a year people have to set of boomers.  It scares puppies and per the cadweb set a good number of grass fires.  Not to even mention its illegal in city limits but people don't listen.  hmrph!

Smooches,
Poppy

1 comment:

  1. The boomers were REALLY bad this year! Momma says it's because people have been cooped up so much, they're being real idiots.

    ReplyDelete