Monday, November 30, 2020

Thanksgiving 2020

 Doggy Nanny decided to honor our Texas Tradition and we ordered Cracker Barrel for Thanksgiving.  


I inspected the meals to ensure we had enough foods.

Oh boy does it smell WONDERFUL!

Once we arrived back to DN's house Lucy found an open chair and took the spot. 

She was quickly evicted by Grandpa but managed to another open chair.  

However moments later its occupent returned.  

.He held and pet her for a while but once the food was served she was dumped...I mean gently place onto the floor.

She found this comfortable Cracker Barrel bag to sploot upon.


We all went around and said what we were thankful for.  Momma and Mr Cody were thankful for great jobs and family.  Aunt Net was thankful to be retired.  Doggy Nanny and Grandpa were thankful for family.  And really thats why we moved back to be near family.


Then the hoomas talked and talked and talked....

...which put me right to sleep.

Lucy found a better place to sploot.  

Then Uncle Teddy got in Aunt Nets Lap and started giving everyone sad eyes in hopes of getting some nums.

I will give it to Teddums he does got the saddest eyes in Texas!

Post feast we went outside to enjoy the cool weather and check for squirrels.


No squirrels, no stray pups, no horses.  

We went back inside and Lucy plum fell over from exhaustion.

Then something happened.  I walked up to Mr Cody and let him pet me.  

I have never felt the urge to have someone other than momma or Doggy Nanny pet me before.  Momma was so proud and told me I was a good girl.  I then walked across Mr Cody's lap over to momma to celebrate.  #blessed

All too soon it was time to pack up and head back to the apartment.  

I must say it was a wonderful day!  Thanks Doggy Nanny and Grandpa for hosing everyone and Thank you Mr Cody for the meal!  


Smooches,

Poppy

No comments:

Post a Comment