Friday, February 26, 2021

Snovid: The Day The Falls Froze

Snovid....The Texas saga!  On 2-14 we were put in a Winter Storm warning.  Snow and ice were coming and it was supposed to be between 4-10 inches depending on which news service you listen to.  





Ahead of the storm the Wichita Falls...Falls actually froze.  

Sunday this is is what we awoke to on the radar.  It was coming down pretty hard and the wind was blowing furiously.




I was forced to wear a sweater and leggins.

I didn't put up too much of a fight but its still not fun.  

Come on momma we have pictures to take and Snow to dash through!!!!

ummm....this wind hurts.


I don't like this momma. Snow is supposed to be fun.

As you can see i made a loop in the back yard, came back around and back to momma.  No frolicking for me.

The wind was blowing so hard the snow wasn't sticking to sidewalks. 

However was sticking to the grass....


And making huge snow drifts in the corners and by doors.

It is pretty to look at....

....but dangerous to walk in.

Hmmm....I don't think we are getting the 4-10" the weather man promised.  

We came back in furry quick.  

These boots did make a difference, as much as I don't like to admit.  My feet stayed toasty and dry.  


Smooches,

Lucy

1 comment:

  1. Boy, our northern friends always made snow look fun, but I did NOT like this!

    ReplyDelete