Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Update to the Cora Update

Previously I wrote: Date 9-22-23 (for context since we are scheduled out in blog content for a while).  Cora Cora...Cocoa Bean...You are supreme!  This little girl has really been a tough nut to crack.  She likes me and trusts me but will not come sit with me.  Maybe thats because I clean her ears out, check her teeth, mess with her paws and she is 4 years old.  She is actually, now that I think about it, the oldest dog I have adopted.  So I know that this is a big life change for her.  I will admit with a job change and an injury I haven't been in dog training/bonding mode.  So that parts on me fully.  However now 2 months later she is starting to let me pet her freely and on occasion coming up to my chair and allowing me to pick her up.  I always make it a fun experience and give her treats.  


(10-2-23) As of today things have changed....for the better.  Since getting the new air conditioner our house has been quite chilly (thank you landlords).  So I have been covering up and snatched the girls fluffy blanket.  When I did Cora was in shock.  She came up to me and started pawing at me....I stared at her, lifted the covers and in my lap she went.  Now she is a lap baby.  We are bonding and I couldn't be happier.  She is so polite about it too.  She is still shy to let me pick her up or come (with the exception of going to the car...she walks side by side with me and will let me pick her up once the car door is open) when called but we are on the right track.  


(10-20-23) Still doing well on Cora and I building trust.  I realized I didn't buy treats like I used to cause Poppy was never one to eat treats as much as Lucy.  So I barely had any on hand and or the ones I did have were old and stale.  I got a new bag of bacon treats and moist biljac treats to start working on Cora coming when called in the house.  She loves the game.  I guess with losing Lucy, my fall, and then losing my granddad I just lost my training mojo.  I have it back now and we are having fun.  


-Katie the Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment