Saturday, November 4, 2017

A Post for Angel Mollie

11-04-2017 Fourteen years ago I convinced my mom we needed another dog.  So we went to go look at a little "useless" poodle that a breeder was retiring.  When the breeder put her in my arms she was literally scared stiff just from being handled.  I wasn't sure at the time if it was the right decision but I knew I could not leave her there.  It took time but we began to trust one another and had a close bond.  Watching her blossom from a scared retired breeder to happy loved pet was amazing.  This photo is the first photo I took her her the night we brought her home.

Her favorite things in life were finding sun puddles, dressing up, playing with toys, performing for an audience (if they clapped that made her day), and going exploring.


I didn't realize how strong our bond was till I lost my mom in 2014.  She gave me something to keep going on for when my life literally came crashing down around me.  Of all the photos I have (and I do have many) this is my favorite.  She is sitting outside enjoying the fall weather.  It was also her Gotcha day and her tag says "Mollie Jo's Gotcha Day / November 4, 2003.

When I saw her age catching up to her I was devastated.  Her quality of life had decreased and her kidney's were starting to fail.  When the medicine quit working and she refused to eat even her favorite treats I knew it was time.   I was there with her as she took her final breath and we were surrounded by family and friends.  I held her paw and said good bye.  She peacefully went to the Rainbow Bridge 2-22-17 to meet up with Bobo, Dolly and my mom (her grandma).  I know she is young again and there is a forever sun puddle for her to rest in.


This is the first November 4th we are not celebrating her gotcha day together.  It breaks my heart all over again just looking at her photos and remembering all the fun times.  Because she made such a big impact on my life I am going to continue to celebrate on this day, but in memory of my heart-dog, Mollie Jo!


Hug your puppies and kitties today because we are not promised tomorrow, let them know you love them!

Katie
(The Momma)

5 comments:

  1. There is nothing more precious than our furkids and losing your heart-dog is devastating. You never quite get over it. Hugs to you, Miss Katie♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mollie Jo sure was a special girl. You did so much to help her come out of her shell. We always loved her floofy ears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your memories with us. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl. I am sure she and Dory are dressing up together at the Rainbow Bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molly will always be in your heart
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete