Friday, February 2, 2018

Getting Spa Treatments at Home

So since we moved we don't have access dremel services like we used to back in Kentucky.  So my nails got a little long jagged after being just clipped.  I was accidentally scratching Doggy Nanny and Grandpa.  #sorry  Well momma borrowed Doggy Nanny's dremel to see if I could get used to it being done at home and (as momma puts it) not act like she crushed my soul by doing something unfun.  You give someone the silent treatment for 2 weeks and they walk on eggshells now.  Good grief!   Silly momma.  Just don't do unfun things and we is fine.  Any hoo.  She made it into a game.  When we were relaxing watching movies she would turn it on and let me hear the noise.  No big deal.  Then she started having me sniff if while it was off.  After that she added some tricks.  I can "tap-tap" the dremel.  The next day she would turn it on and let me sniff the non whirling end.  Then I would "tap" the non whirling end while it was on.  I started feeling brave about this situation.  Then the last step she held my paw, turned on the dremel, and buzzed down one of my daggers.  I tugged my leggie a bit but she reassured me it was ok.  When we finished my first paw we went and had a big celebration wif treats in the kitchen.  Now I don't mind it at all. 



With all the success we returned Doggy Nanny's dremel and found one for sale in the FB classifieds for a BARGIN.  We picked it up last week after Obedience Class and its brand new.  The seller said it was used one time and her dog hated it.  When we got home we finished my remaining paws in one sitting and again celebrated wif treats.  I think I could like this at home spa stuff. 

Well after that success momma got another one of her bright ideas.  She decided she would try and help me become desensitized to the heartworm medication.  So even though its like three weeks away she got the heartworm pill out.  Has me sniff the package every day.  I tell ya my momma done lost her mind. 

Smooches,
Lucy

5 comments:

  1. Mommas get a little kerazy sometimes, but it's best to humor them. We get more treats that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, its soooo hard trying to understand peeps!
    But I agree wiv Casey, if there's TREATS involved, just play along
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind da pill stuff, but I hate gettin my nails done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love our heartworm medicine - it is delish! Stanley doesn't mind getting his nail grinded up but I do not put up with it!

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love our med too. We hope the painting of these things works.

    ReplyDelete