Thursday, September 13, 2018

Rainy Day Story Time - The Maintenance Man Almost KILLED ME!

We have not had a good rain in like a hundred months!  Well the first week of September we got like all the missing rain over a few days.  At the complex we use our back door and when the rain is heavy it floods the sidewalk below our step.  If we work together momma and I can jump from the far side of the step over the puddle and not get our feets wet.  Well here is where the attempted murder comes in!

This fateful day it was chucking it with rain.  The maintenance man was parked right in front of our step.  So the only portion to step down led to the deep part of the puddle.  He was also covering the sidewalk so we had to walk through wet grass to get to the parking lot.  I mean seriously I am made of pure poodle sugar...I WILL MELT!  (We could have gone out the front door except we were parked out back in the far parking spot so in hind sight either way we would have been drenched)  Then as momma stepped in the puddle a huge microwave sized box came crashing down from the balcony above landing in the truck bed which was like a poodles leg distance away.   Plum scared the curls right off me!  I then refused to leave the porch and go wif momma. I begged her to call in sick to work and just let us back in the apartment.  She just kept saying I could do it and I am a brave pup.  No momma I NOT BRAVE!  I finally made a leap for it landed right in the puddle, trodded through the wet grass and then I hit another puddle.  Due to another big truck blocking our way we couldn't even seek refuge under the carport while we walked to the car.  We just had to run in the rain!  By the time we got to the car Poppy was shaking, not sure why she got carried!  I was drenched and momma said her shoes were full of water.  I told her we should have called in to work and stayed home but no one ever listens to me!  We got to Doggy Nannys and she had a towel waiting to get me cleaned up and a giant umbrella to keep more water off me.

So there you have it the Maintenance Man almost killed me!

Smooches,
Lucy

2 comments:

  1. That mean ol' maintenance man!! I can't believes your momma carried Poppy and not YOU.

    ReplyDelete