Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Eye of the Beholder - Uveitis Vet Visit

 It all began the 16th.  I was squinting and momma got what she thought was a hair in my eye.  She didnt take a pic didn't think anything of it.  Weird right.  Well the next night she thought she saw something else in my eye and she found this cloudy spot.  And you know when momma sees something real scary you know what is next right.  



The next morning she slapped the coyote vest on me (there have been a number of intact male pit bulls running around looking for a female in heat) and off we went.

You guessed it we at the vet.  This time it was my regular vet Colonial Park.

But even wif momma here i was scared.  So scared in fact....Well keep reading youll see. 

The tech weighed me.  4.9.  It would have been 4.7 but the diaper added some bulk. 

Obligatory exam table photo photo. 

You will never guess what horrors occured.  The tech got in our personal bubble, touched me, and put liquid in my eyes.  (eye drops to numb the eye)

It was so scary I pooped my diaper.  We ran out of the house in such a flurry momma forgot wipes. So they had to clean me with surgery scrub squares.  Embarrassing!

All cleaned up and fresh diaper. 

Then Dr. Lehman came in and examined me.  She stuck a gun in my eye (Tonomy Pen to check pressures), put some dye in my eye and shined lights at me.  Again all this and being handled by strangers I pooped my diaper again.  :( 

Once cleaned again I climbed on mommas shoulder.

The vet said she didn't see any scratches or ulcers which is good.  The eye pressures were low in my left eye which means there is possibly inflammation from trauma.   
But for the bad news.

Dr Lehman and Dr Mccloud had never seen a spot like this before.

It was beyond their scope of knowledge. 

And they would have to refer me to a specalist in Oklahoma.  She took some pictures to send to the specalist so he could see the difference from Saturday to Tuesday and see what they were seeing. 

They decided they also needed to take my temp to make sure it wasn't stressing my body.  When they did that I peed my diaper.  For those not keeping track that is 3 dirty diapers in one vet visit.  

Once back in the car we revieed the notes and the pamphlet from the specalist and would need to wait for the call from Dr. Studer's team to see what the next steps were.  

I kinda sleepy.

....but also kinda hungries!

So we got chick fil a. yum nuggies!

Once back home I donned my coyote vest.  No pitbulls in sight. and romped in the yard.

Did the cat walk.



Then I remembered my sissys were inside and....

I put myself in sports mode and bee-lined for the front door. 

Cora greeted me so kindly like never before.  She said my eye smelled funny though.  BOL silly sissy




Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment