Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Veterinary Eye Center of Oklahoma - Dr Studer (Uveitis Update and Diagnosis)

We had to leave at 630 to make it to oklahoma by 830 for my 9 am appointment. 


It was a gorgeous drive and there is the OK sign. 


Before I knew it we had arrived.  Dr. Studer's office is in the Vet Emergency Referral Center. 


My first steps in Oklahoma.

This place looks so big!  


After I did my business we zipped up the diaper bag and headed in. 

I got weighed.




Snatched back up and 

returned to momma. 

We officially got checked in.

Just  a few seconds later I heard my name being called. 

Momma diapered me and we headed back.  Look at all the tools.  The tech numbed my eyes again, tested my tears, and checked my eye pressures.  

Dr Studer used these weird binoculars to look at my eyes. 

Then this head lamp and a magniying glass to look at the back of my eye.  

Since I just had bloodwork in May he said that looks great.  Here are his official notes:

Lily has inflammation inside her left eye, a condition called anterior uveitis (inflammation of the inner structures of the
eye). During the exam, I noted a few signs of this inflammation: a small white clot floating in the eye (called a
hypopyon clot), inflammatory proteins dispersed within the eye, and some scarring where the colored part of the eye
(the iris) has adhered to the lens just behind it. These adhesions are essentially a "footprint" left behind from a prior
inflammatory event.
The encouraging news is that Lily's inflammation is quite mild, especially considering that she has not been on any
treatment before today. Given her age and her active, playful nature, trauma is the most likely cause. Her vision
response in the eye is intact, and I do not see any concerning changes to her retina.
To help her heal, I have prescribed Prednisolone Acetate eye drops to be applied to the left eye once daily until her
recheck appointment. Please continue these drops all the way through until we see her again.
A few things to keep in mind over the coming weeks: the white spot may take several weeks to fully absorb as her
body clears the remaining inflammatory cells, so please don't be alarmed if it doesn't disappear right away. Also, for
the next few months, her left eye may appear a bit redder than the right when she gets excited — this is expected.
That said, please reach out to us sooner if you notice any of the following: increased squinting, increased redness,
increased cloudiness, the white spot getting noticeably larger, or any change in her vision.
Otherwise, we would like to recheck Lily in 4 to 6 weeks. At that point, if everything has fully resolved, we will most
likely discontinue the eye drops and monitor her for any recurrence.
I also want to mention that I noted Lily's retinas (the light-sensitive layer at the back of the eye, similar to the film in a
camera) appear slightly thinner than average. However, because both eyes look identical, I believe this is simply
normal variation for her breed and is not a concern at this time.


Back in the car I looked over my loot.  I got to keep the tear test papers for my doggie book. 

Here are the drops and a business card from the Doctor.

Im ready to go momma!

A quick look at all my goodies. 

I packed them up in the bag.


And tucked them safely in my diaper bag. 

hi ho hi ho its off to home we go!

Bye furiends!

I was going to help momma with directions back. 

3 Seconds later....zzzZzZZZZZzzzzzZ

I will say it was furry nice meeting everyone there they were so kind!  And guess what I didn't poop my pants not once!  YIPPEE!!!!


Here is the view home I missed it as I was sleepin.  

When we got home we collapsed put away groceries and then started looking for my meds.  Yea they were gone.  


The whole blue bag fell out of the diaper bag.  and had been on the ground for close to an hour by the time we realzied.  We called the vet to make sure it was still ok.  They said it was fine.  Its the prettiest shade of pink.  

I hate the drops but i get treats so i comply.




Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment