Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Road Trip to Bowie for a Family Reunion

Unfortunately this little adventure started with a baff.  No Bueno!  But I got extra blankies and rocked to sleep so not terrible.  


Ahh bright and early....We were on the road.  We dropped Miss Lucy off at Gracies for the day and set out. 

We got the phone on the stand, directions set and some tunes going.

Off 287 we spotted this furry large cowboy and long horn.  Hello!

Fun decorative cactus.

And this vintage truck.  This event center is neat-o!

Next stop was Henrietta to see the beautiful mural at the Pecan Shed.  Texans do love their long horns.  

Ooh Ooh this is our exit.

City limits.

And the welcome sign.

This looks like a cute town.  

Ooh I spy another long horn and a cowboy.

So many sights to see!!!!

Oh my dog I has never seen such a weird animal.  

Thats a goat?  Is that like a dog?  

I think we needs one of them.

ooh vulchers

In down town we spotted this adorable pet clinic.  

They even had a ghost puppy in the window.

The town square is simply quaint

I will just say I was forced to sit on a cold cinder block in the cold for this picture.  RUDE!


Last stop on our tour of the city was the World's Largest Bowie Knife.

Wow!

It was amazing to see in person.

Post tour...we headed to the Bowie Community Center for the reunion.  

Wonder which entrance we use?

OOh theres the sign.

We loaded up the stroller and found our table.  Doggy Nanny, Grandpa, Aunt Net, Aunt Brenda and fam were waiting.  There were children playing, people talking, and food everywhere.  Momma noticed something strange.  I was calm.  Just observing.  I allowed people to come up to me to say hi.

Aunt Net and And Brenda held me and walked me around.

But I always made sure to make my way back to momma.  Im happiest when I am with her.

Then it was chow time.  There was bbq, beans, potato salad, and snackies.

With mommas permission I nibbled on some bread, chips, and even a sugar cookie.

Aunt Kim came soon after and I gave her lots of kisses. 

I didn't bork one single time.

People approached me while I was sitting in the stroller and petted me.  My reaction was simply to smell their hand and or give them kisses.

It helped also that momma gave me dog treats after each interaction as well but ya know it does feel good being a good girl and making momma proud.  

We all had to take family pod photos and guess what I could be included!  Everyone was oohing and aahing that I was posing nicely.  

All too soon the reunion came to an end.  We said our good byes.  

Loaded up the car and headed for home. 

We had a blast thanks to all those who made this happen.  You all blew it out of the park.


Smooches,

Poppy 

No comments:

Post a Comment