Todays spotlight is on the Kemp Wholesale Grocery Building located down town at 500 8th St.
It was built in 1892 and was in business for 35 years. It is named for its founder Joseph A Kemp (More About Mr Kemp Here). In the early 1900's additions were completed and during the 1930's the Industrial Supply Company did business here at the time of the big oil boom. They provided petroleum products to the area for over 30 years.
In 1997 it was listed as a Texas Historic Landmark.
Who knew this little building was such an integral part of Whichita Falls History.