Wednesday, March 22, 2017

First Days at Home

Reader Disclaimer: this post is a tad long but its very fun!

3-1-17 After playing at Aunt Gracie's/Doggy Nanny's house the day I came home, we headed down the hill to my new house.

Momma had a big play pen set up for me in the kitchen so I could stay in a safe place when she wasn't watching me.  Well I thought that was just right funny, I didn't wanna stay so far away from her.  After a few minutes I was able to squeeze through the bars and go find momma.  She screamed when I found her cause I ran across her foot when she wasn't expecting it.  BOL!  Whats even funnier is she thought I jumped out of the play pen so she put on a "special roof" to keep me contained.  Oh that momma she's full of funnies!

Every hour or so we went out side to go pee and potty.  Each time I went outside and did my business we had a party!  Not too sure why it makes her so happy but it does.  So I make sure to wait till we are outside to do all my business!

Then momma got the idea to get me all wet and put some slimy blue "baff" stuffs on me but I must admit afterward I felt all frisky!

After that baff we played with toys, watched some tv and I had some tasty kibbles in a special doggie high chair.

That night I got put back in the play pen for bed time, it made me so sad and I cried.  But momma wouldn't let me out.  I ended up cried myself to sleep and when morning came I was free again! 

3-2-17 I heard momma talking to someone on the phone telling them all about me, my name, my breed and the color of my furs.  Then momma said "I will have her there at 5pm for vaccinations".  What are these "vaccinations" you speak of momma?  oh well it was play time anyway and I plum forgot all about it till momma got dressed and put some sort of crazy contraption called a "COLLAR" on my neck.  It was so itchy and uncomfortable and I thought I might just die!  We took a short bye bye ride and ended up at a place that smells of dogs,  cats and bunny rabbits.  We were greeted by two doggies like 25 times my size and one little doggie just about my size.  Their names are Ellie, Polly and Fancy.  They belong to my new dog-tor.  Everyone was oohing and aahing and saying how cute I was.  Why thank you kind people!  I helped momma fill out some papers then got weighed.  I was a whopping 3.4 pounds.   Then I got taken by one of the ladies and you will never believe what she did!  She tried to choke me with some sort of "medicine".  I promptly spit that medicine right back out and it hit the floor.  They laughed but I didn't find it one bit funny.  Then she did it again!  I had no choice that time but to swallow.  Then they had some pink stuff in a clear container and that ended up being less fun than the medicine.  They poked me.  I ran as quickly as I could back to momma.  I did pose nicely for a "My First Vet Check Photo".  Momma sure liked that! 

The Dog-tor sent me home with lots of bottles and boxes.  Some are pills and some are ear droppies.  Hmm...Those might have to go missing "accidentally".  As we left Aunt Gracie called to see if I could come play and oh boy I sure did want to go play!  We had a great round of bitey face and then I got sleepy and we headed back home.

That night after dinner and a quick potty break momma put me back in that play pen.  I don't like being so far away from momma, I cried again but she wouldn't let me out.  Then I remembered my secret escape route.  So I twisted my head and slipped through the bars.  I surprised momma again and tickled her foot with my tongue.  She sure does squawk a lot when she is surprised!  She let me up with her and told me I have to go to sleep cause she had to "workies" in the morning.  I happily complied and went right to sleep.  When momma woke up and I was right where she left me the night before and I had no accidents over night.  She was so proud and i got a treat for being a good girl! From that night forward momma no longer tries to put me in the play pen to go night night.  Thank dog!

3-3-17 Friday came and it was time for momma to go to a place called "workies".  Since the Playpen was no longer an option to keep me contained until I can be trusted to be alone I got fitted for a "Kennel".  And by golly I havent figured how to get out of it yet.  The bars on it are so tiny not even little old me could squeeze through.  hmm...I'll have to keep working on that.

Not long after momma went to "workies" I got rescued from my kennel by Doggy Nanny and Aunt Gracie and got to go to "Day Care".  We played with toys, had a few rounds of bitey face and went exploring in the yard.

When momma came home that evening I surprised her yet again by meeting her at the window.  Doggy Nanny didn't double check my kennel door latch and well it just swung open for me when I pawed it and I was free again!  BOL!  I played with my toys, looked out the window and explored the house.  But waited to do any business till momma got home so we could have our celebrations outside.  I sure do like celebrations and sometimes the neighbor dog Rocky even joins in and barks for me! 

3-4/3-5Saturday and Sunday were filled with lots of play sessions, potty breaks and "chores".  I was a big girl and helped momma.  I made sure she washed dishes properly and made sure no sockies got left behind in the dryer.

We took a break from chores mid morning on Saturday to take some pictures outside.  Momma thought it would be cute to take my picture in a green bucket.  I didn't think that was a good idea and every time she put me in I jumped out.  I don't like being contained, hasn't she learned this yet?  So momma let me free style and find my own poses.  It was a lot of fun.  :)

Then it was bitey face time!

Bye Aunt Gracie...smooches!

The following week we got into a good routine.  Get up, go outside, play with toys, eat breakfast, do tricks, and then momma goes to work.  I go to Daycare during the day.   Then in the evenings we repeat the morning process.

I can't wait to share my next post with you all, we go on some big adventures!  But I is so tired after pawing this post I think I shall go take a nap.

Puppy Growls,


  1. Such a fun post. You are just adorable. Mom puts carabiner clips on Misty's kennel so te latch can't fail:)

    Woos - Misty and Lightning

  2. OMD OMD Little LUCY... you are doing a FINE job of TRAINING your Momma. You will have her TOTALLY under your Control in less than 87 days. BRAVO.
    You have done and seen and experienced SO much already... butt believe US... there is MORE coming your way... in APRIL Blogville is gonna go on SPRING BREAK... and YOU can come along. Just sayin.

  3. Oh Lucy, we are SO happy to see you fitting right in with your Mama. You are doing a great job keeping her on her toes!!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo