Monday, October 28, 2019

Practice Makes Progress - Poppy Edition

We've been practicing and making some progress.  As you may or may not know I have a little bit of an anger management problem when it comes to people on my porch or people in my bubble.  Such as I will bark my fool head off and may or may not have nipped a heel in the past.   (I totally did, Doggy Nanny tattled on me, more than once.  But we do have in place a plan to prevent this issue when I am at Doggy Nannys house and people come over to visit).  Anyhoos....mommas been working on this redirecting technique wif me.  If I see scary/bothersome things/people I come tell her bout them not bark.  I get lots of cuddles and or treats for ignoring these things and really its a win win situation.



On several occasions I have watched the maintenance man work across the way,  people come down the stairs from the apartments above or walk across the parking lot to their cars...







...when I spot them momma says "Poppy Leave It, Poppy Come" and I run back to her before I begin bark-fest.  Its way less stressful and way tastier this way.



Momma did you see that spicious persons?  I did.  Furry suspicious!  May I has my treat now?


On TWO occasions our neighbors (the people I bark at most) even walked up on our shared porch while I was on the porch.  Momma gave me the commands and I completely ignored the neighbors while they walked up.  Momma was so proud of me and gave me extra kisses both times!

Keep Calm and Carry On!

Momma calls me a WIP (Work in Progress) and says as long as we are moving in the right direction I won't be sold to the gypsies any time soon.  BOL....She would never sell us...Would she?!?!?


Smooches,
Poppy

2 comments:

  1. Wow, way to go! Momma says that Angel Casey and Angel Jessie always barked like lunatics whenever someone was at the door, and she could never break them of it. I, of course, am a pawfect lady and don't bark at the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo Poppy! You got this, girl!

    ReplyDelete