Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Training with Live Stock

Ever since Miss Kim told me and momma bouts the AKC Farm Dog Certification, I have been looking efurrywhere for farm animals to meet.  The first ones I found were the Rosin Horses.  They are sweet creatures.  We sniffed noses, then I did my sit, down, stay while momma petted them.  As momma put it I used my manners very well.  :)

A few days later in the other Rosin pasture I found some cows.  They were scare of us but one got brave and came close.  We walked up to the fence, sniffed noses and she tried to lick me.  I didn't care for that and backed up.  She might have licked the curls right off my head!  But then momma put me in a sit/stay and gave the cow a pat on the nose.  I held my sit stay and as momma went to give me a treat the cow tried to lick momma on the arm.  BOL!  That would have been funny. I bet she would have screamed furry loud.  You all remember how I scared momma by licking her toes after I escaped my playpen one night don't you?






Next I found some goats on Elva Loop Rd.  They were curious about me but would not come close.  I just gave a sniff from afar.  Catch ya next time!


Momma says she is proud I could be calm around livestock and focus on my training.  I'm one step closer to my FDC title!!!


Puppy Growls,
Lucy

Pee Ess: We always keep safety of all animals as top priority.  All livestock is safe in their fenced pastures.  We only approach if all animals seem calm and curious.

4 comments:

  1. You are such a brave girl, Lucy!!
    xoxo,
    Jakey, Arty & Baby Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZERZ Lucy - all them aminalz r so much bigger than u - wuzn't u scared at all? You wuz such a really good girl 2 sit an'stay.
    Lady Shasta'n Miss Maizie

    ReplyDelete