Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Friday Night at the Vet Clinic

This all started the weekend (2-16 and 2-17) prior to that Friday Night (2-24) adventure.  Saturday and Sunday intermittently my eye was all squinty and a little red.  But Monday it was fine and didn't bother me one bit so momma though it was just allergies from the crazy change in temps blowing in and out of our area.  Through out the week momma noticed a time or two when I would scratch at my face but didn't think anything of it.  Then Friday when she came home from work she found me looking like this.

Momma says the camera didn't pick up on how red it looked in real life.  I'll admit it was itchy and I felt yucky.

When I laid down she then noticed I had been biting at my leggie too.  There was a spot of fur missing.

She hopped on the phone and got an appointment at the vet.  Drat!

My vet closed early that Friday so we ended up going to a new clinic.  VCA Animal Hospital.

Once inside momma got some paperwork to fill out.  I spotted a set of adorable aussies.  Their names were Pebbles and Bam Bam.  Hi frens wanna play?

Oh hello Miss Vet Tech, would you wanna play wif me?

After that momma requested I sit on the bench while we waited to be called back. Momma I can't see frens from here.

Wow that was quick, we got called back to exam room 2.

Picture time!


Then the tech took a history and asked what brought us in today.  Once that was done you'll never guess what she did.  She lifted my tail and took my temperature.  Ma'am I am here for my eye not my bum bum!  I put my paws up on momma shoulder and she held me tight.  That was horrible treatment for a sweet little poodle puppy!

Thankfully Poppy was there to comfort me!

Once the tech left and I regained my wits, I went splorin'.



Poppy didn't you read the sign....

No climbing on the exam table.

Oh my I think I hear the dogtor!

He examined my eyes and hip.  He said the spot on my hip was already healing and not related to my eye issue.   There were baby furs growing in so it will be fine.  As for my eye ball there is no ulcer, scratch or damage.  That was a big relief!  Momma feared that was the cause and why she got me in to the clinic.  He feels its just allergies and I since I have been scratching I have just irritated the skin.  He said he would have the tech fill some prescriptions to make me feel better.  I sure hope they don't try that temp thing again.  I better get off the exam table and chill out on da floor.  *sploot*

The dogtor prescribed me two medications.  He said a steroid wif added antihistamines would help with the inflammation and allergies.  Just to cover all the bases an antibiotic to get rid of any infection that might be brewing.

So there you have it, our exciting Friday night adventure.  I sure hope the weather sorts its self out so these allergies go away.  Friday nights are for hulu and snackies not vet visits.

Smooches,
Lucy

Update: As I paw this post on Tuesday night I am feeling better.  My eye is still a bit swollen and a bit red but much improved.  Momma noticed I haven't been as itchy.  Even if the medicines are hard to swallow (literally) they are helpin'. 

2 comments:

  1. We're glad your eye is feeling better! Eye injuries are skeery. Oh, and Pigeon says she totally understands, the vet took her temperature that MEAN way last week and she still hasn't furgiven them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it wasn't anything more serious. Our regular clinic is a VCA now too. Phod also takes daily allergy meds.

    ReplyDelete