Monday, April 17, 2023

Yearly Vaccinations at CPV

Momma its too early to be up and dressed for the vet.


I don't think I can go./

Youve packed treats....

Chicken treats you say.

ok fine!

Yes momma lets go see the peoples!!!!!

It was a blustery day but we read and left some pee mail.

My back was a bit less red by morning but you can still see all my polkadots.  

Yes momma I sits.

But was easily distracted.  We saw a corgie, a kitty, a poodle pup, a BIG beautiful collie and a poor pointer with a pretty bad wound.  I wanted to go give him hugs but momma wouldn't let me.  

I aint posing for no pictures. I didn't wanna come.

Yes momma I like my cushy lifestyle.

Yes momma I like my suppers, treats, toys and carseat. 

Hi friends!  How are ya!

Time to SHAKE it OFF!

Shake IT off!!!!

Doors opening...

...closing...

...animals and peoples walking by....

And before we realized it.....I havent borked once.

Momma can i gets a treats?

There was a bit of a wait.  So Lucy hopped up on the couch for a quick nap.

I worked surveillance.  Only I can bitey my sissy. 

Go back to sleep dear.

Good sissy.

Yes we is Lucy and Poppy Wing

Momma lets go!

Oh lordy me!  

Dont cry sissy.  Your a big girl.  My eye hurts popper.  Im thrilled to go back.

Why momma must you make me pose for a picture.

Fine.

SPOOKY EYES!  Thats all ya get.

My turn!  Im ready momma!!!!

The tech came in and let us know that we are due for our distemper/parvo and bordetella.  They are now recommending the Lepto vaccine.  Its included in the disptemper/parvo booster.  He also gave us some reading materials.  

We have seen a possom, many a squirrel and various other creatures that do carry lepto in our neighborhood so opted to take he vaccine.  


Fun fact...I got featured on the CPV facebook page.  Way cool!



Yea if Imma be a professional squirrel hunter I need to be protected.  Plus its mixed in with the other vaccines so no additional pokie.  


The tech looked at Lucys back and said the dogtor would need to look at it as well as her eye.  She was squinting and it was very red but we didn't notice due to the concerns about the spots on her back. 

I hear the dogtor coming.  

We both recieved our vaccines and exam.  Neither of us made a peep, we were brave brave girls.  Poppy let the dogtor examine her from nose to tail and even let her look at her toofers.  No issue.  When she was returned to momma we all had a big pawty.  So proud of how shes doing.

Then I got a second turn on the table.  Dr Lehman looked at my back, through my fluffy topknot, and at my eye.  She said all this is just allergies. We need to stain the eye to ensure there is no damage to the cornea first and go from there.  Ok.  Mommas told me all abouts eye stains from Angel Mollie.  She had to have them a lot.  They turn your eyes neon green.  So cool!

I got held tight by the tech, they put the stain paper in my eye, turned off the lights, and flashed a light in my eye.  I was literally seeing in green.  Way too cool.  Good news is no scratch or damage to my eye.  When I got down we had another little pawty.  Fun times.


Dr Lehman had a long list of recommendations.  I tried to listen but it was far too much for my wee lil puppy brain to understand.  


Momma you getting all this down on the phone?

Yes Poppy I am getting all the notes.  Good which reminds me starting next year the Distemper/parvo vaccine will be every three years just like the Texas Rabies Vaccine.  Less pokies...less monies...A OK in my book.  Dr Lehman went on to say that Lucy will need to be on Apoquel 1/4 16mg tablet twice daily to keep her allergies under control.  We can do allergy shots but it would be several rounds and monthly shots.  We may consider switching food to Pro Plan Salmon and do a food trail.  The food trial would be for 12 weeks only feeding the new food.  No treats, no chicken based products, and see how things go.  



Wait a minute Dr. Lehman did you literally just say new diet....no treats....no chicken?

You can't be serious!  Oh she was serious.  Chicken can be a trigger for allergies in addition to environmental triggers.  




With the severity of her allergy break out Lucy was prescribed an antibiotic and an eye drop to get her feeling her best.  We did have apoquel at home so didn't need a refill right away.  

Sorry Lucy wasn't able to help narrorate the last portion she blacked out after hearing dry food only, no treats and no chicken.  


Smooches,

LNP

No comments:

Post a Comment