Tuesday, May 21, 2019

License, Rabies and Name Tags...Oh My!

Back in Kentucky we were "county" folk.  We didn't have ordinances or laws that governed what tags needed to be worn or leash laws.  In fact very few dogs even wore leashes and  collars let alone specific tags.  In the past mommas never made any of her dogs wear their rabies tags mainly due to the fact that they are so large and mommas always had tiny pups.  But also because she didn't want them to clank with the name tags causing damage and they didn't match.  Yes mommas a bit crazy but what can ya do?!?!  She provides treats its all good.  Heres a little throw back to KY showing my collar and singular name tag.

Now we are city dwelling pups there are ordinances to follow and Animal Control Officers are patrolling the streets.  Momma says she sees AC trucks 2-4 times  a week just in the little bit we drive.  Which is a good thing they are out and about ready to help animals in need.  Anyhoo...Now that she is an official city employee she is learning about all the ordinances for residents of WF.  Would you believe that you can't use sprinklers between 10am and 7pm.  Yep.  Its true.  Mommas gotten several tattlers...erm concerned citizens calling in regards to neighbors not following the ordinances.  Once reported momma dispatches a crew out to check on that resident.  Again I am getting off topic.  

She then began looking up ordinances concerning dogs...cause well thats the next logical step.  BOL!  She found out that in addition to the city licenses a rabies tag must be worn at all times.  We did not know this prior to reading the ordinances.  Rabies tags is to prove the animal is current with vaccines (tag number matches up in vets computer system with a description of the animal), allows the finder to verify vaccine status with vet, and (in our vets case because they pawsonally engrave tags with name and phone number) provides identification.  

Momma had a change of heart.  Safety (first and foremost) and local ordinances trump fashion, wear or tear.  She stripped us of our collars, grabbed our rabies/microchip tags out of our records bag, and began reorganizing our collars.  Ta-Da!  Complete.  With our rabies doubling as a name/ID tag we ditched the gray ovals for everyday use.  We added our rubber microchip tags as a silencer/buffer and alternate form of ID.  Last but not least City License tag denoting #Texaspride and that the city has us listed in their system, but mainly the #TexasPride.  Once secured on our collars we modeled and actually they werent all that bulky or big on us.  Now we are really street legal and ready to run....on leash of course.  

We wear our tags and collar all day the only time they come off is when our doors are locked and we are snuggled up for bed.*

*Edit or supervised with momma doing a photo shoot of course

While I love my new tag set on my collar.  Something didn't feel right.  I Wanna Be Just Like Lucy!

I look up to my big sis-fur....party because she is taller than me but also because she is furry cool.  Have ya seen da cert-i-fit-i-kits she has in her book?!?!  Well after momma redid our tag situation I got to looking and my microchip tag didn't match Lucy's.  We gotta match we're sis-furs!  

So while momma was at work I went online registered myself wif Homeagain under the basic service.  I still have my 24PetWatch Registration but now I will be dual registered.  Then I requested a taggie.

Short intermission awaiting the USPS to deliver.

I have Poppy Mail.

Its from HomeAgain.

Impawtant Message. Feel free to copy this photo and share.

There it is, my furry own dog house tag!  SQUEE!

All added...Now I can be just like Lucy.

Officially collared and tagged!


Smooches,
Lucy & Poppy

No comments:

Post a Comment