Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Spotlight Wichita Falls - Ohio Street Bridge

Todays Spotlight is on the Ohio Street Bridge.  We first spotted this fun old bridge when we visited Pets back in 2017.  


    The history: Planning for construction on the first bridge at this site began soon after the organization of Wichita County in 1882. The structure was built by the King Bridge Company of Cleveland, Ohio, and formally dedicated on July 4th, 1886. This second span, located west of the original bridge, was completed in 1911. Both provided a vital connection between the downtown area of Wichita Falls and the northern sections of the city. The bridges were closed to vehicles in 1972 because of unsafe structural conditions and the oldest span was demolished.*

*From the plaque on the north side of the bridge.

BTS: First things first momma let me sniff the area on leash so I didn't end up going for an unauthorized swim.


I'm ready for my photoshoot now.

No more than .2 seconds after I did my "official photos I splooted and really made myself comfortable here.  :)

Smooches,

Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment