Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Wif Fall Comes Dry Skin - Eek! #ChewyInfluencer - GNC Pets Medicated Dog Conditioner (Lavender) Review

Welcome frens Poppy here!  This is going to be a multi-pup-date post so grab a treat and settle in.  The past couple of weeks I have had some dry skin on my neck/back.  Momma's kept lotion on me but it hasn't seem help.  So when I got the opportunity to try out the GNC Pets Medicated Dog Conditioner (Lavender) I was intrigued.

I got right to researching the product to see if it might help me. Key Benefits from Chewy.com are as follows.

*This GNC Pets conditioner is specially formulated for dogs 12 weeks of age and older to help combat bacterial and fungal infections.
*This canine conditioner is enriched with vitamins to helps encourage healthy skin and a lustrous coat.
*Chlorhexidine gluconate is an antiseptic skin cleanser that works to fight against bad bacteria.
*Ketoconazole is an anti-fungal medication used to help reduce itching associated with fungal infections.
*Proudly made in the USA with high-quality ingredients and unmatched safety standards for canine companions. (As always a favorite thing to see.  Gotta use safe products on us fur-kids)

First things first, smell test, light hint of lavender. Furry nice!


EEK!  I just realized this means I have to extra baffs!

But its worth it for nice soft skin right.....right.

Hmm...anyhoo here is my before picture.

Once shampoo-ed and rinsed fully momma broke out the conditioner.  It was a nice thick formula.  We applied it liberally across my whole body, head and tail.  We let it set for a few minute.  Rinsed well and then...

...This is not time to play hairdresser momma!

Towel time.  I was still giving momma stink eye for the "up do".

Then I got a widdle sweepy.  The towel was all warm and cuddly.  All I could smell was sweet lavender.  It's furry relaxing!  See ya after whiles crocodiles.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pup-Date (10-16-18):  Since my baff and conditioner treatment,  my skin is feeling softer and less dried out.  Momma has noticed a decrease in my itchy-ness.  So far so good!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pup-Date (10-31-18): After 1 month and 2 baffs wif conditioner treatments (2 weeks apart),  My skin continues to feel soft and mommas has noticed a further decrease in my itchy-ness.  We are going to lengthen the time between baffs now but continue to use this each time.

Here is my after photo.

And a Fluffy Plume Tail photo since its so cute.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Final thoughts, I would recommend this to a furiend.  GNC's Lavender Medicated Conditioner smells delightful, and tastes great....I mean is extremely soothing to the skin. After only 1 month and 2 baffs I can see and feel a noticeable difference, as can momma.  This would be a great addition for those who have chronic dry skin, furry or fur-less.   Chewy.com offers a great selection of baff time products to fit your needs and requirements.  Check them out and make baff time fun again!


Smooches,
Poppy

Disclaimer: I was sent this product for my honest review.

2 comments:

  1. Poppy, you are adorable! We lost our connection to your blog. We are fixing that right this minute!

    ReplyDelete